The Ministry of Planning & National Development of the Republic of Somaliland (MoP) (Somali: Wasaaradda Qorshaynta & Horumarinta Qaranka Somaliland) (Arabic: وزارة التخطيط) The ministry is responsible for public policy development institution of its Government. The ministry undertakes research studies and state policy development initiatives for the growth of the national economy and the expansion of the public and state infrastructure of the country.
Ministry of National Planning and Development has vital strategic role of leading, facilitating and coordinating national vision and development.
To take a leading role in the achievement of a rapid sustainable development, in order to improve the quality of life of the people of Somaliland.
- Integrity: maintaining the highest moral and ethical standards
- Quality: commitment to high quality work that meets international institutional standards
- Efficiency: using the Ministry’s limited human and capital resources efficiently and effectively
- Accountability: Being transparent and taking responsibility for our actions and inaction
- Collaboration: Commitment to teamwork within the ministry and collaboration with our partners
- Staff development: Training and supporting staff to raise performance and achieve potential
- Results oriented: Setting and achieving clear measurable goalsCore Values